Associate Director of Fund Development and MarketingCompany: Interface Children & Family Services
Date Posted: April 24, 2018
The Associate Director of Fund Development and Marketing is responsible for the effectiveness of fundraising and marketing activities including leading development and marketing professionals, staff and volunteers to achieve the organization’s fundraising goals. This includes: Oversight of Interface’s annual fund; Public Relations; Managing successful fundraising and other high profile events; Developing, managing and supporting volunteer committees; Successfully writing and implementing the agency’s Marketing and Communications Plan including digital marketing and designing, writing and supervising all agency collateral production. The position supervises a Marketing and Events Coordinator and Fundraising Assistant. Duties also include the oversight of special projects related to fundraising, marketing and donor recognition. Working closely with the Director of Fund Development and Marketing, implement strategies to increase long-term financial resources for the organization.
- Reporting to the Director of Fund Development and Marketing, approves an annual schedule of appeals, oversees design and writing of appeals to grow the annual fund ($1 – $999 level gifts) using direct mail, online, email and other best practices to increase number of individual donors, average gift size and renewal rates.
- Supervises, recruits and trains team members and volunteers to achieve annual goals.
- Develops and leads donor recognition activities including donor wall, donor recognition lists and events; social media engagement strategies.
- Plans and manages several cultivation and fundraising events annually.
- Meets project deadlines and stays within approved budgets.
- Manages the overall marketing and promotional functions to maintain an effective brand and image.
- Assists the Director and Fund Development/Marketing Committee in developing and managing integrated marketing strategies for printed agency information, e-communications and social media.
- Supervises and maintains up-to-date editorial calendar.
- Maintains strong working relationships with local print and electronic media through monthly press releases and periodic public service announcements.
- Oversees media records and current media lists.
- Manages eTapestry database and supervises data entry process, design of dashboards, lists and reports to support fundraising campaigns and special events.
- Provide back-up to Director of Development and Marketing.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned or necessary
Must have a minimum of 5 years’ demonstrated fundraising success and ability to supervise staff, work with boards, donors and volunteers; Proven ability to manage projects and events from start to completion; Highly organized, detail‐oriented, excellent verbal and written skills sufficient to play an active, hands‐on role in fundraising, marketing and communications; Ability to be a self-starter and to work without close supervision; Flexibility & composure/ability to work under pressure and to successfully multi‐task. BA or BS degree preferred in fund development, marketing and communications or related discipline preferred with advanced degree a plus. Applied knowledge and successful experience with fundraising principles and techniques including annual fund gift solicitation, public relations, events management and sponsor cultivation and stewardship. Excellent computer skills with literacy in Word, Excel, Power Point, experience with relational databases and basic knowledge of graphic design. Knowledge of E-tapestry or Blackbaud products a plus. Position at times requires working nights and week-ends. Maintain successful background and criminal clearance required. Requires proof of valid California driver’s license, insurance and driving record acceptable to company insurance provider.