Donor Relations OfficerCompany: PCPA - Pacific Conservatory Theatre
Date Posted: May 3, 2018
Position: Donor Relations Officer
Reports to: Director of Development
Compensation: Non-exempt position. $22.00/hour. Full time with benefits
Subject to the general policies and expressed goals of PCPA – Pacific Conservatory Theatre and under the direct supervision of the Director of Development, the Donor Relations Officer is responsible for a diverse range of duties related to the fundraising efforts of PCPA. The Donor Relations Officer plays a key role in the recognition and stewardship of patrons and, as directed, supports the PCPA Foundation.
PCPA values excellence and professionalism in all aspects of its company and public life. Integral to this position is the demonstration of practical initiative; respectful, courteous and cooperative relationships; and affirmative, efficient and ethical working practices. Successful PCPA employees derive deep personal fulfillment from the exemplary completion of their duties, from the flexibility required to respond to emergent challenges and opportunities, and from the accomplishment of the evolving work of the theatre and its training programs. PCPA expects a strong commitment to the mission of the theatre in service to task, colleague, company, and community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participates in diverse tasks in support of the development office, including - general record keeping, file maintenance, responding to inquiries, mail and supply pick up, housekeeping of office and storage areas, meetings, and gatherings for the purposes of donor relations and coordination of special events.
- Participates in the development of multi-year event planning as a strategic tool for the Development department.
- Performs a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties to include monitoring monthly donation activity, tracking departmental expenditures and special events budgeting.
Donor Recognition and Stewardship:
- Assists in a full range of activities associated with individual donor programs to include solicitations, recognition events, and cultivation activities.
- Assists in the scheduling and preparation of visits from current and prospective funders and ensure that optimum relations are maintained with all funding sources at all times.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to complex requests and provide high-level patron service.
Campaigns and Appeals:
- Maintains donor lists; processes individual gifts, corporate donations, grant awards; and prepares acknowledgment letters in accordance with IRS reporting requirements and PCPA policies.
- Assists with outbound solicitations, orchestrates the assembly and distribution of bulk and first class mailings and maintains familiarity with USPS regulations.
- Assists in developing and maintaining a calendar and timeline for annual fundraising and events.
- Coordinates the planning and execution of special events, and is responsible for the associated administration, coordination of personnel and physical set-up, and take-down.
- Events may involve evening and weekend hours and necessitate adjustments to the workweek. The position submits a post-event reporting, which includes related income, expenses, and effectiveness with regard to the development effort.
PCPA Foundation Support:
- Supports the Board of Directors as directed by the Director of Development.
- Organizes Executive Committee and Board meetings, which may include preparing agenda, meeting set-up and taking minutes.
- Provides administrative support to Foundation Board, which may include follow-up phone calls and emails with donors, acknowledgment letters, coordinate mailings, information mining.
- Provides bookkeeping support, including entering and paying bills and donations, reconciling bank and investment accounts, and preparing financial statements.
- Responsible for procuring and supporting the volunteers who support the development department, ensuring that volunteer tasks are meaningful and are professionally executed in a safe and appropriate environment, directions are well articulated and adhered to, and volunteers represent the organization to the same standards expected of its employees.
Marketing and Promotion:
- Collaborates with the marketing department in the creation of fundraising materials.
Grant Application and Reporting:
- Utilizing current relationships and prospect research, supports, writes and prepares grant submissions and subsequent reporting requirements.
Additional Skills and Requirements
- Must be able to lift, move or transport 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license, reliable transportation and carry auto insurance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with word processing and spreadsheet programs, including experience with Microsoft Office and QuickBooks.
- Experience working in the nonprofit setting.
- Energetic, friendly and tactful professionalism in communications with a diversity of individuals.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Associate’s degree (AA/AS) or equivalent; three to five years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org