Director of Development, Leadership GivingCompany: Chaminade College Preparatory
Date Posted: May 11, 2018
- Supports the philosophy, principles, and characteristics of Marianist education. Assures quality services to students, faculty, staff, parents, outside organizations, and the community. Practices sound economic principles.
- Creates the annual Advancement Plan that establishes qualitative and quantitative goals in order to increase giving to the Chaminade Fund; specifically leadership giving in the President’s Circle. Provides progress reports and assessment and analysis on a regular basis.
- Identifies, cultivates, personally solicits and stewards prospects for leadership level gifts ($1,000+) and major gifts ($10,000) from alumni, parents and friends of Chaminade.
- Oversees the development and management of leadership/major gift portfolios for the President, Vice President, Director of Development – Parent Giving, and Director of Alumni Relations; in addition to managing their own portfolio of prospects from various constituencies.
- Assists in developing and implementing sophisticated plans and strategies to increase overall participation to the Chaminade Fund through direct mail, phone-a-thons, e-solicitations, personal visits, and face to face solicitations. Assists with writing and coordinating all appeals to various constituencies.
- Serves as manager for all special initiatives and fundraising campaigns for the school involving administration, faculty, staff, coaches, department chairs and/or moderators. This includes specialized efforts for Chaminade Gala Sponsorships, specific student groups (operating and restricted funds), challenge grants (foundations and individuals), and capital projects.
- Coordinates all aspects of the annual faculty/staff campaign. Collaborates with colleagues on each campus to assist with efforts to increase participation and support to the Chaminade Fund.
- Oversees plans for meaningful engagement with international families. Coordinates cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts in order to expand the school’s outreach and increase participation to the Chaminade Fund.
- Develops and implements a plan for expanding the school’s foundation outreach. This includes the preparation and submission of fundraising/grant writing proposals in support of key priorities for the school, as well as overseeing the timely submission of progress reports to current funders.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive planned giving program that engages current and prospective donors on the importance and advantages of long term philanthropic planning.
- Manages stewardship program that includes oversight and contact with donors and supporters of Chaminade; especially at the leadership and major gift levels. Researches potential donors and prepares fundraising prospects profiles. Collaborates with colleagues to plan and execute donor cultivation and recognition events; including the school’s annual report to donors.
- Monitors continuous and dynamic donor upgrade program and works closely with Vice President to identify prospects and to develop strategies for increasing giving levels of major donors.
- Assists with writing and reviewing promotional/marketing materials including but not limited to Chaminade Now, admissions booklets, new stories (print/digital) and other related items.
- Supports the Office of Alumni Relations in the development and implementation of senior class giving program, reunion giving, and alumni annual giving program.
- Coordinates the maintenance of the advancement database to ensure all gift information is accurate and up-to-date. Develops and maintains policy for database management to ensure consistency. Ensures updates to the system by coordinating database upgrades with software vendor and is responsible for keeping current with all system updates and training. Provides statistical data to assist in monitoring fund-raising activities.
- Oversees the accurate processing and coding of all gift receipts and acknowledgments per Department policy. Reconciles all records with the Business Office. Tracks outstanding annual and campaign pledges and monitors pledge payment activity and reminders. Reports activity to the Vice President and appropriate managers.
- Works closely with the Registrar’s Office to ensure that all student family information is accurate and up-to-date on new and existing families enrolled in the School. Works with the Registrar’s Office and the Business Office to ensure uniformity and consistency of data across the departments.
- Assists the Vice President and Department Managers in the roll-out of all special events, committee meetings, etc., and meeting arrangements; including the Advancement Committee Update for Board meetings.
- Under the direction of the Vice President, oversees the workflow and training of the department staff in the area of database operations and advancement services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Chaminade has implemented a 100% online application system. Interested applicants can apply online through our employment webpage at: Click here
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter.
Any applicant who needs help or needs an accommodation in order to apply for any position should contact the human resources office at (818) 366-9284.