Philanthropy DirectorCompany: The FH Foundation
Date Posted: May 15, 2018
ABOUT THE FH FOUNDATION (Pasadena, CA):
The FH Foundation is a patient-centered nonprofit organization dedicated to education, advocacy, and research of Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH). Its mission is to raise awareness and save lives by increasing the rate of early diagnosis and encouraging proactive treatment. If left untreated, FH leads to aggressive and premature heart disease in women, men and children of all racial and ethnic backgrounds.
The FH Foundation is the result of the team effort of patients and healthcare practitioners who have joined their knowledge and passion for helping others in changing the status quo for FH. The FH Foundation is honored to have key FH opinion leaders, both from the US and international arena, sharing their expertise and research insight. The Foundation's success is rooted in collaboration, innovation, and commitment. With the help of a dedicated group of physicians and nurse practitioners, professional organizations, governmental representatives, and volunteers, The FH Foundation takes pride in its forward-thinking and versatile approach to making a real change in the world of FH.
For more information, please visit www.thefhfoundation.org.
- Create and implement strategies to grow philanthropic revenue from a broad base of supporters.
- Instill and reinforce culture of philanthropy throughout the organization by engaging staff and board in identifying, cultivating and stewarding donors and sponsors.
- Assures communication with donors (solicitations, reports, acknowledgments, newsletters, etc.) is donor-centric and adheres to accepted best practices.
- Builds strategic partnerships with those most invested in philanthropy (foundations, board members and scientific advisory board members, advocates, leadership and volunteers, past donors and others who have influence within the FH community).
- Develops and contributes to the achievement of established fundraising goals and objectives
- Develops moves management plans for major prospects to the FH Foundation, strategies for engaging with all constituents, and a stewardship program for the FH Foundation’s most generous and loyal benefactors.
- Manages a personal portfolio of qualified major gift prospects and donors.
- Assists leadership in identifying potential sources of funding for strategic initiatives.
- Convenes regular corporate partner and grant-related meetings to assure compliance with grant and corporate partner agreements
- Reviews funding opportunities, proposal development, grant management and other proposal and grant-related information
- Leads/facilitates proposal/grant planning teams of researchers, team members and others to submit competitive proposals, solicitation letters and other documentation as required by corporate partners and funders.
- Networks locally, regionally, and nationally to remain current on sources in the field of grants.
- Provides leadership in cultivating and stewarding relationships with foundation, corporate and government funders.
TRAITS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
The successful candidate will be an entrepreneurial, innovative, forward-thinking philanthropy professional with exceptional interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism and integrity. The Director of Philanthropy should not only possess excellent verbal and written communication skills but should also be able to thrive in a collaborative, pioneering environment that is conducive to open and direct communication with individuals of varying degrees of involvement with The FH Foundation and its work. He/She should be a resourceful, results-oriented professional with the ability to think strategically, generate new ideas, prioritize, plan, multitask, and set goals and objectives, as well as implement and follow-through while meeting financial goals and deadlines. A commitment to the mission of The FH Foundation and the ability to passionately and persuasively communicate its impact and future goals are essential.
A bachelor's degree is required; a graduate degree is preferred.
Annual compensation will be competitive. A comprehensive benefits package will be provided. Some travel will be required.
To find out more information, please contact:
Robert J Di Vito, JD, CFRE